Sunday, August 24, 2008

Like Johnny and June

Hey guys!
(Do you feel the refreshing breeze in here?) Ahhh ... it's called being free and happy. I was uber thrilled to see you guys here! Wow, that makes me feel great. So, it's Sunday morning and I've bailed on church.

I shouldn't really say that I bailed. Just that I woke up with cramps (blech!) And my hubby looks at the time and says to me "Okay. We need to get moving. You have exactly 30 minutes."

His words hurt my aching body. Did he just say "get moving?" And then, my body rebelled. (I can blame it on my baby-producing body, can't I) There was zero energy to do anything. And the thought of finding a clean outfit ... draining!

So, here I am on my blog -- skipping church.

It's all good. I took my dog, Gator, to the park and talked to God the entire time. Now, that's church. Some of my favorite moments with God are our times alone -- no music, no people, no distractions.

So, I didn't go to the building today, but I did have church:-)

One more thing: What's this about continuing the year-long blog? Are you guys actually crazy enough to want to read 365 days of (mostly crazy) life? If you are, let me know.

Okay, two more things: I've been listening to this song today that I just L-O-V-E! I swear, this would have been my wedding song if it had been out then. I love it!

Here you go. (Johnny and June, by Heidi Newfield.)

"Oh there's something 'bout a man in black, Makes me want to buy a Cadillac ...
Throw the top back, And roll down to Jackson town ... I wanna be there on the stage with you ... I wanna love like Johnny and June, Rings of fire burnin' with you, I wanna walk the line, Walk the line, 'Till the end of time ..."

If you go to playlist.com and type in "Johnny and June," you can hear it. (The song had me at "throw the top back.")

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Actually, Suzy, I was enjoying reading your start to the 365-day blog. It was the only reason I was still around the gainesville moms thing.

Marjorie said...

I'd never heard that song before, but I really do like it! I had to listen to it more than one time! There's something about it that is so catchy. I'd love to hear it playing on the radio.

As far as your 365-day blog, I think my motives are selfish. I would LOVE to read your blog everyday, I mean LOVE it! But I know me, and I wouldn't comment everyday. Whatever it is you decide to blog, Suzy, I'll be happy and I'll be here reading it.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Carrie. I don't see myself going back now that you are gone. But I do think after all the suspense (and missing day 3), you should start back to day 1. heh heh

Suzy A. Richardson said...

And then I could blog the real Day 3:-)

Anonymous said...

Well, you know we were left curious with it being gone by the time we stopped by to check! I'm loving the new look by the way!

Marjorie said...

Oh, YES. Blog the real Day 3! Do it! Do it!

Stace said...

I'm totally down to read about your life on a daily basis. Which is probably why I freak out when you don't blog. :) So I'm here ready and waiting, as for the song. . I have to get home for that one.

Summer said...

Love that song. I just heard it. And yes, please blog the real Day3!