Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blech.

I am just so drained. It started around noon yesterday at work. I had a HUGE deadline I had to meet by 5 p.m. and I began feeling nauseous. You can push through this, I kept telling myself. But, my body was denying me that delicacy. I just crashed. I couldn't turn my head without feeling dizzy. I was feverish. I found that cold, dark and quiet room where I used to (breast) pump and I laid down for about 30 minutes.

I had one tiny section left. One tiny section -- the last part of the magazine -- and my deadline would have been met. Instead, I felt like I was going to fall over. Finally, I had to throw in the towel. I couldn't physically deal. I called my hubby, and he came to pick me up. I came home and slept for about 16 hours -- waking up only to throw up, ick!

Today, I dragged myself out of bed and went in for a half day -- I finished my two deadlines miraculously and then -- at lunch time -- I headed home. You can imagine my delight when I come home and find my 2-year-old throwing up.

Yeah, lots of fun in the Richardson household lately.

Good news is I feel better than worse, although not great. I'll be back tomorrow:-) And, hopefully feeling much better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its not fun, ha?! the wonderful joy of motherhood. Never a break for yourself. Hope you get to feeling better....soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you guys are sick! As I read the first line or two, I braced myself for a pregnancy announcement! But since your two year old is sick two, I guess it isn't THAT!

Stace said...

I thought the pregnancy thing too! But I'm sorry it's truly a bug, but the bright side you'll be over this one in less than 9 months. :) xoxox

Anonymous said...

I found you from facebook here.. Glad to see you're not giving up the blogging....