Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 1: Labor Day weekend!

was everything that it is supposed to be.

I spent Friday night and Saturday just hanging out ... doing much of nothing, lots of very refreshing cleaning. I finally put my pictures up in the new place. On Sunday morning, we all rushed out to church to meet my friend, Mary, whose new little boy, Jack, was being dedicated.

We made it just in time. (Well, we would have been on time.) However, the child care department was trying something new (and computerized, yippee!) But, when you put a 10-year-old in front of the computer, you get a 20-minute, very frustrating "check in."


(Baby R and Baby J following the dedication. Oh, what a hard day! Lots of food, lots of kids, lots of fun.)


We made it through the sanctuary doors and saw everyone praying over the baby. Man! We were late! Instead of being annoyed, I simply joined in the prayer.

During church, I felt like I would pass out. I had forgotten to eat -- yeah, that happens a lot when you have little ones constantly nipping at your heels. I knew there was a Coke machine around the corner, and so I scrounged up some lonely change from the bottom of my purse and gave my hubby that look. "Come with me?"

So, he did. The heat was stifling as we sat, together, at the shaded picnic table. With an ice-cold Pepsi in my hand, we chatted about random past events -- when he first knew I would be his wife (he says there was a very specific dream); when we first met that morning over (my) pancakes; how we couldn't believe that we had four children.

We should have been back in church within minutes. Instead, I slowly enjoyed that ice-cold drink. But, even more than that -- I enjoyed my husband's company. (When there are four children nipping at your heels, the alone time is a rarity.)

Today -- Labor Day -- my hubby grilled some burgers and dogs. I made some sides. And we headed to the pool, which is just feet from my doorstep. (What a luxury for a Florida girl like myself.)

So, this is day one of my year-long journey. I'm so glad to be starting this up again. I had already started my year-long journey when I had, uh, (insert the name of a person I used to work with) shut it down. So, now we're here and I am more determined than ever to blog for a year straight.

Here we go ... with no strings attached. Woo hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I'm really looking forward to the next year. ;) So glad you are back and blogging (and every day!)

I'm glad you had a great weekend, and some time with the hubby!

Emily said...

Your boys are adorable! And, I love that quilt that they're laying on. Good luck with a year of blogging.