Saturday, September 13, 2008

13:

Last night, I could not sleep. I spent a few hours talking to the promoter for my launch party, and when I got home, I felt like I could jump out of my skin! We had so many ideas and it just makes so much sense to do this thing. I love it when things fall into place so smoothly. I pray that the entire project will be this way.

This morning, my 2-year-old tugged on my blanket. "Mommy. I want to go."

Ugh. It was not even 7 a.m. I swear, I don't ever get any sleep. (Welcome to motherhood, Suzy.) So, needless to say, I was up way too early for a Saturday.

Instead of sleeping in the way my body so desperately wanted to, my husband and I got up, got dressed and headed to the local park, where the local gym was hosting a family fun fitness day. My hubby was pushing the double stroller and I was walking hand-in-hand with my daughter.

The 2-year-old, though, was only going to be strapped in for moments. As soon as he spotted the bounce house, he was struggling to escape. I spent the entire time trying to stop him from stealing other kids' toys and from cutting in every single line for every single event.

It was so much work! Just when I wanted to cry and turn him over to daddy, he grabbed my hand and said "Let's go, mommy." He had his big, brown eyes on the snow cone line. "Oh man, this is not going to be good," I thought -- out loud.

We got lucky and the line moved really fast. I was exhausted as we sat down on the basketball court. He had orange, sticky, snow cone juice all over him. He polished off that snow cone in about five minutes. I enjoyed that five minutes because we were just ... together.

"This is good, momma," he kept saying. "I like. Tank you, momma."

You know what I like? Just sitting with my kids, and simply enjoying being with them. And why is it that when we feel like we can take no more of them, they do something to make us want more and more of them? Oh, I love my kids, sticky hands and all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it great- being a mom. No matter how impatient we get, no matter how fustrated we get, there is something about our kids that reminds us about life.

Someday, you and he will look back and remember that one moment and it will put a smile on your face.

I remember those special moments with my mom...its even more special now that she is gone.
Hold on to it-its full of treasures!

Stace said...

I'm kinda excited to have a few. . KEY WORD kinda. :D