Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day 3: My day at the, um, spa ...

Oh. yes. If you read my last post (um, wow.) then, you know that I was an uber-tired woman when I attempted to write it. The truth is, I may have already been asleep. I was, indeed, delirious.

So, today, I sit here rather refreshed. I was so exhausted at work today. (You know that I could start every post with that line, right?) At 3:45, I wrapped up all my work and bolted for my 4-o'clock appointment.

I made it to the office at 3:55. The office smelled yummy--the scent of a rich, Old Yankee candle filled the room. An older woman showed me to my little area, where I sat back in a warm chair that massaged my every ache. There were two murals of water and palm trees in the quiet, clean little room. And I just closed my eyes.

In a distance, I could hear swooshing sounds. (Yes, know I am at the beach.) "How are you?" a petite, blonde woman asked me. She had the most perfect teeth I had ever seen. We talked about kids -- she has a little girl, and I ... well, you know the story ... I have four!

Almost 30 minutes later, I kind of frantically awoke. (Oh. Oops! I totally didn't mean to fall asleep.)

I was wondering, had I played that off? I only nodded off for a moment, right?

"You're so relaxed," the woman said to me.

"Oh, please. I am great! This has been like a day at the spa. I even got a little cat nap in. You do know I have four kids right? I have to get my rest in when I can."

Both women laughed hysterically, and I felt like a new woman. I finally got that filling I needed, and I got to take a nap all at the same time.

"You are such a great patient," the petite blonde--my dentist--said to me, as she walked me to the front.

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

I want to make an appointment at YOUR dentist's office. Oh my. I'm always so nervous at the dentist, I can't even imagine falling asleep. That must have been, like, WOW!

Anonymous said...

If my experiences at the dentist was like this one, I'd go all the time! You really had me fooled there!

Stace said...

As I was reading I kept thinking "where in the heck is she?" :)

Anonymous said...

I'm always very relaxed at the dentist, but don't ever actually fall asleep. I'm afraid I'd drool all over the place!