Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10: Cold wind in my face

You know how it feels when you are riding in the car and it is freezing outside, and you roll down the window and let the cold, crisp air hit your face for a little while?

And when you finally get out the car, your face feels hot?

Well, that is how I feel right now -- having just hung up from my 8:00 conference call with my business partner and our Web designer. It's like a cold, exhilarating rush hit me; and then, as I peered in the mirror, I saw that my cheeks were bright red, my pulse was racing, and I could barely contain myself.

"We're doing this!" I said to my business partner, R. "We're really doing this!"

Our Web designer is awesome. She lives in Jacksonville and has designed some of the top mom sites across the country. We chatted for about 30 minutes. We gave her a list of the items that we needed for the site; the vision; the look and the feel.

What's so exciting is that the image of this site is crisp in my mind. I just bought the domain. I couldn't believe it was available for under $10. It is such a great domain. Okay, can you see the excitement dripping from my words?

So, for those of you who are local, we are going to host a launch party and the whole nine! Yippee! Although, some of my favorite readers are not local. I wish there was a way to involve everyone in the launch party. However, the site is NOT local, which means everyone can be a part.

I poured my heart and soul into another man's business when I grew gainesvillemoms.com the way I did. I was so dedicated to that site, and poof! It has disappeared. That is what I am thrilled to be doing my own thing.

Ahhhh ... there's that cold/hot feeling again ... the feeling of exhilaration. And I can't wait to bring you guys with me. Some of you have actually been with me for how long? More than five years, I think!

Oh, and NOT going private, per some very specific requests!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Suzy! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to "see your vision" and be apart of your new beginning. :)
Christina

Stace said...

Ok not sure if I saw the excitment dripping from your words but the fact that I read it fast and thinking you were typing it fast made me think you are STOKED! Which makes me stoked, which makes me wish I was local, blah! but I can't wait to be included. :)

Anonymous said...

so, you DID see it?! Stoked means you did see it, feel it, think it. Ha ha ha!!

Suzy

Marjorie said...

Your enthusiasm is catching. I am really excited for you! So looking forward to the new site. Wish we could all be a part of your launch party, but I'm sure you'll include us with pictures and description.

Anonymous said...

I wish I were local! I'm thinking (if this would work for your site), there's a way to host an online launch party too! Your faithful-not-local readers could invite their friends and family to check out the site...and maybe there could even be a contest for whoever brings the most guests...Just a thought! What do you think?

Seyi said...

Congratulations Suzy! I am very excited for you. I pray that God continues to direct your steps and blesses abundantly for your leap of faith.

Carrie said...

Suzy, I am so excited for you and looking forward to your new creation.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good for you! I know I'm so late one all these posts, but I'm reading each one.

Thanks for blogging each day! You're making me feel like a real person with all my day-to-day thoughts and feelings and complaints and triumphs!

*hugs*