Tuesday, September 30, 2008

30: Chocolate sky.

Before I begin, I just want to thank all of you guys for your kind responses to my post. I know you could feel the pain, frustration and fatigue with the situation. Thank you for your uplifting words and positive points-of-view. I really appreciate that!

Today, I spent my lunch break laughing with friends and co-workers at this little Mexican joint that us Gainesvillians love, called La Fiesta. All I know is that it has been here forever, and the food is slamming.

Back at work, I met a very, very tight deadline and ... waited for the call.

I told my hubby not to text me; but, to call me when he gets "the call." If you don't know, well, now you do. My hubby had an interview on Thursday for the job he has wanted forever. They told him that they would let him know something within the week, so you know how jumpy he is. I hate waiting for those calls.

Well, the call didn't come today. In fact, I think hubby purposely avoided calling me--he sent me about six random text messages throughout the day--just because he didn't want me to get my hopes up.

In other exciting news--and the only reason I am sharing this, is because I honestly don't think anything will come of this--I got an e-mail from a VP of publishing, who asked me if I had ever written a book. He wants to meet with me. We have been sending e-mails back-and-forth and we are going to set something up for me to come to the office. (Hubby at side, ofcourse.) I mean, you never know whose really who these days, right?

Besides, my hubby really is my partner. So, he needs to be there.

So, last night, I stayed up until midnight working on a freelance piece and because I was so tired, I didn't want to do my regular walking after work today, but I did. And I am so glad I did. I got to vent to a good girlfriend; and laugh with her as we walked our now-routine three miles.

And on my way home, I caught the most breathtaking scene above me. And that's why I had to snap this. (Yeah, my camera kind of sucks right now. I'll be making my case for a new one real soon, like when I launch my site.)

Oh, that and look what my hubby just brought me: Yum.
I'd say that today was a good day.


P.S.- I couldn't help myself with the title of this post. How could I not put those two words together?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm...I don't know why, but suddenly I'm craving chocolate! ;) You know how I feel about the book thing...I really hope you do it one day! :) I hope M gets that call real soon...and speaking of calls, I'll be calling you soon!

Mom! Dude! said...

What is going on....everyone I know (myself included) has been on a chocolate kick lately, LOL!

Unknown said...

Suzy- I think it would be awesome if you thought about writing a book. I wrote a book in college and need to re-write it and see if its publishable (sp?). I think it was in 1983 when I wrote it. It was based on a dream I had and then I just kept going with the story. It would be good for a tv show too. LOL

Anyhow...chocalate!! have you ever gone to Hershey PA? you should go and take the kids- they would love it. I took Tim when he was little and talk about chocalate! mmmMMMMmmm good!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I loved the title too!

AND THE RETRO WRAPPER of the choccy!