Sunday, September 7, 2008

Day 7: Excitement in the air!

So, my neck still hurts. But, it feels much better. A little bit of Ibuprofen and some Tylenol PM to get me through the night, and I am feeling about 80 percent better.

Today was the perfect Sunday, although I wish we could have made it to church -- that is a whole other issue in itself. (We can't seem to agree on one place that is right for us ... but I'll talk about that later.)

I spent the day perfecting my little humble abode. Everything is where it belongs, and that is such a peaceful feeling. I get really, really stressed out when things are randomly everywhere. I like order. (But, in my own timing.)

So, my friend, R, came over tonight for dinner. But, what is really exciting is that R is my soon-to-be business partner! We will be launching our Web site hopefully by January 1.

The story is that I had been praying and praying about what I was supposed to do online. I connected with so many women through my blog and through gainesvillemoms.com. But, I was really turned off by what "Corporate America" turned all of my efforts into. It was like they took the "heart" out of what I was doing, and I could no longer do it.

I've known for more than 2 years now that I am supposed to do my own thing. And so I prayed and I played around with a slew of ideas. And just recently, when I walked away from gainesvillemoms.com, I had the strangest peace.

I knew instantly why: "You are supposed to do your own thing," this little voice was telling me. But, I was stuck. I couldn't do anything. I felt like I could not move. And I prayed for God to send me someone who could help me. I felt like I was supposed to wait.

So, R e-mails me a few days after I started praying, asking God to help guide me. "I was sitting on the couch when I heard this voice say to me ... You are supposed to start a Web site with Suzy."

I got the e-mail and almost fell out of my chair. The timing was just so perfect.

So that leads us to tonight, where -- over Spaghetti -- my very good friend and I talked about our vision for the Web site. I must tell you, I am so excited. Finally, I am going to make this happen.

Finally! I will keep you all posted, but our plan is to launch Jan. 1!

3 comments:

Stace said...

Um hello, do you want to tell us what exactly you are doing or are you keeping that to yourself?

Unknown said...

No, it's a secret!!!

Anonymous said...

OOOh I am so excited!