Thursday, September 25, 2008

25: Thursday -- the good and the bad

Don't you just love packages?!

Well, I came home on my lunch break and about 10 minutes after I had been home, my door bell rang. It was Fed Ex with a package. "My magazine!" I said to my hubby. I flung open the door, ready to sign.

"Suzy Richardson?"
"Yes."
"Sign here, please."

He handed me a big, brown box. "What could this be?" I asked my hubby. Well, it wasn't my magazine that I was waiting for. I have a piece published this month in Charisma, and I have been waiting for my copies and the check. Oh, here's the link, if you are interested:

Tim Tebow article

I grabbed a pair of scissors and began anxiously cutting my way through the tape. I saw my friend from Ohio, Melissa's, address on it. "The swim diapers!"

We had just talked about swim diapers and how I didn't feel like spending $10 on a pack of swim diapers because it was almost October. So, she hooked me up! But, there was more.

There was a note attached to another smaller box within the box. "Since we can't have our Office party together ..." it began.

Here is the note that was attached to my little box within a big box. (I know, my camera sucks. When I get my new one, this one goes to the kids. That says a lot, doesn't it?)

OMG! My friend from South Carolina, who now lives in Ohio, just sent me a goodie package. How freaking sweet! It was stuffed with all kinds of "Office" goodies for our favorite show's season return, which came on at 9 p.m. tonight.

There were notepads, packs of Office pencils, sticky notes, a coffee mug ... all kinds of stuff, even a pack of popcorn and some other snacks. The fun part was that I got to open my little package on my way back to work and so I handed out some of my little goodies -- you know, just some sticky notes and two pencils. I couldn't part with much more, especially since it was from a good friend -- to some of my office mates who love the Office.
This is my cabinet space above my desk. Don't you just love what I've done with the place?!


At my desk:-) That is my bobble head Dwight, that Melissa sent me when I first got my job. That was a-whole-nother special package day. And there is my sister's picture. The angel beanie baby, I found at that yard sale my daughter and I went to this past weekend. I couldn't put it at the grave, because it would get ruined. Any way, I knew I had the perfect place for it.)


So, that was the good of my day. Thank you, Melissa. You just ... rock as a girlfriend!

So, the bad of my day happened as I was in line at Publix. You WILL NOT BELIEVE what the Publix cashier said to me. No, you will not even believe it. My draw dropped and I had to "school" this woman about the things people should never, ever say to other people.

But since I have to keep you coming back, tomorrow's post will begin with those three little words that HAPPENED TO ME in a Pubilx grocery store line.

3 comments:

Karen L. said...

Oooooh...you left us in suspense!! :)
I'll be tuning in tomorrow!

So how did hubby's interview go??

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your goodies and that you were able to share w/ your office friends. :) That always makes it more fun!

Emily said...

Great article - Tebow surely is inspirational as a sports figure. My 5 year old son named his lab puppy after Tebow. So, it's a name we say at our house quite a bit.