Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 6: Glorious morning to myself!

Last night, I was unable to get any drugs. (That sounds so bad, doesn't it?) So, because my neck was hurting so much! and I just wanted to be put out of my misery, I took two Tylenol PMs and called it a night.

But before I knew it, the sky was turning light outside, and the kids were stirring. I reluctantly pulled myself out of bed. "What time is it?" I asked my hubby. I was so sleepy.

(Yep. I knew it. It was not even 8 a.m.)

But, he had a nice little surprise for me. (Today was game day in Gainesville.) And anyone who has been in Gainesville on game day knows that the entire city goes mad. ESPN was coming in town -- they'd be at the stadium -- and my hubby decided he's take the kids.

All of the kids! All FOUR of the kids!

And this only after he cooked breakfast -- good old-fashioned cheese grits, scrambled eggs and the best biscuits ever. As he was getting the kids ready, I decided that I would play a little joke on him. Well, he knows that I hate when he wears his University of Miami jersey. I am a Gator girl -- grew up in Gainesville and graduated from UF. So, when he dons that hideous green and orange jersey, I hang my head in shame.

So, I hid his jersey and (ick) matching hat.

"If I don't find my jersey and hat, we're just going to stay home," he said loudly, making sure that I heard.

All of a sudden, visions of my looooong, quiet morning flashed before my eyes.

And without skipping a beat, I said "Oh, the jersey. It's right here. Along with the hat. Now, do you have everything you need?"

I'm so bad. I couldn't get them out the door fast enough.

So, he got to wear his ugly orange and green jersey and I got three full hours to myself. There you have it -- everyone wins! We're sitting up watching the Gator/Miami game now. My boys better win this one!

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Stace said...

So how's the neck? And who won the game?

Marjorie said...

Yay, I was rooting for the Gators. You know Tim Tebow is my hero. Did you see what he had written on the eye black underneath his eyes? Under one eye it had Phil (for Philippians) and the other eye had 4:13. Yep, he is my hero.

So, how is your neck now?

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I would have made sure that jersey and hat reappeared real fast too! :)

Mrs.J said...

LMAO, you are sooo bad, I would've done the same. We kick their BUTTS!GO GATORS!

Remind you I was born in Miami but I love that saying " It's were you're at not where you're from" LOL

Besides I am over powered around these Gators.