Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 4: Ouch.

Oh. My. Goodness. My neck is killing me (envision me -- typing and only able to look straight ahead.) So, this week, a girlfriend co-worker of mine and I decided that we would start walking 2-3 miles, 3 times a week. So, I have committed to do this thing.

Turth is, I love it. I love having time to just chit-chat; it really is nice. We walk down the main road -- a straight shot -- and all the way down to this little horse ranch, and once we hit that, we turn around. So, we're walking and chatting; chatting and walking when ... hmmm, I have this little ache in my neck. As we near the horse ranch, my neck is throbbing and I cannot even turn my neck. (I mean, I could but it was painful!)

Well, as it turns out, I came home on my lunch break and took a cat nap before going back to work. 20 minutes never felt so good on my mind; but on my neck, those 20 minutes are now hurting me. I must have slept the wrong way.

So, you can imagine my hubby, right?

Me, saying: "Hey honey," I'm home from my walk."

And, he responding: "What did you do to yourself?!"

And the answer is: I don't know. But, it hurts. Andone have this happen before? Advice welcome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to think of those heating patches, but I just can't remember the name of them...but you can buy them in the pharmacy section and apply it to your neck, if you think heat will help. They stay hot for 8 hours. They even make one specifically for the neck.

Stace said...

Maybe hubby can massage it a little? Does it hurt to touch?