Friday, October 10, 2008

40: With 9 minutes to go ...

So, I just walked in the house, ready to hit the bed, and realized that ... I hadn't blogged yet. And so here I am, with just 9 minutes to go of today. "I have to do my blog!" I told my hubby. "I have like 9 minutes before today is tomorrow. I can't miss a day, remember?"

Yes, he remembers. How could he not? Although, I am the one who has committed to blog every day for 365 days, he is the one who gets to hear about it every day. Oh, and he gets to hear all of the comments I read to him every day. He just loves it, I'm sure.

So, this is how I spent my Friday evening. I'm trying to type fast, with five minutes now to go! Woo hoo! I am going to make it. So, my boss let me leave early because my computer crashed. I almost crashed my car driving home when a huge stink bug flew in my window and began randomly flying around my face. I met my walking buddy for our 3-mile Friday walk.

Oh, and I stopped drinking soda. So, today, I was so proud of myself--I had a ice cold drink in my hand, filled with ice cubes and water. I had just finished walking and was headed home. I set my drink down and as I reached over to grab my purse, ice-cold, freezing water poured all over me. The entire cup of water was in my lap!

And, I had no choice. With soaking wet pants, I had to stop and get gas because I was running on fumes only and knew I would not make it home. But, I only had cash. So, you can imagine how thrilled I was to stop and get gas and have to walk into the gas station in my soaking wet grey sweat pants. And you know, it bothered me for about 2.5 seconds until I thought "You know ... this is better than being soaking wet and stuck on the side of the road. So, I'll take it."

See everyone tomorrow. Any fun weekend plans?

(Oh, and p.s. to Seyi: I ran into your mom at Moe's today!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that was your reward for quitting soda! No really! Imagine the sticky mess you would have been had that cup been filled with ice cold coke!

No super weekend plans here...just going to a soccer game and getting my glasses ordered!

Suzy A. Richardson said...

You're right! Glass half full, huh? And of water, not Coke!

Seyi said...

Oooh Moes! I miss that place and mom too. I told her about your blog. She must have been happy to see you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Suzy... I'm catching up...Haven't read your blog in a while.

I just wanted to let you know I chuckled when I read about the stinkbug....On the Friday of my first week back to work after baby #2, I rear-ended an older Jeep Cherokee in my Hyundai Accent (a compact) on my way to work. The reason? A mosquito. I didn't want it to sting my precious babies!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.