Tuesday, October 14, 2008

44: Slipping ...

I was sitting on the couch just a few moments ago, thinking about getting a part-time job. I was envisioning that I'd be an editor during the day and a waitress during the night. My thoughts can be so dramatic some times. But, hubby and I were going back and forth, back and forth--about the Web site that I have a specific vision for; that I have been praying about; that I have been wanting so badly that I can taste it.

"It's just not going to happen," I finally said.

Moonlighting as a waitress is not going to make my dream come true, because oh--reality check--I can't even do that because of my four children.

I'm just really, really down tonight. I was so stressed that I went jogging today! That--and I barely touched my dinner. Hmmm ... maybe I need to stressed out a little more.

The original plan was to launch the *secret* Web site in January. And part of the original plan was to use my freelance check from the Tebow issue to pay the down payment--right around $1,600. Oh, that figure has left me lightheaded tonight.

Nothing is happening the way it should be; I had to walk away from a business partner; two different checks that were both set aside for the Web site had to go towards bills. And tonight, it feels like my dream, my vision is slipping through my fingers.

And, there is nothing more frustrating when it comes down to just money.

I have been faithful with the site; I walked away from my partner when I specifically heard God tell me to. I am doing everything I am supposed to be doing. But, ahhh, the money keeps slipping through my tired fingers.

I don't know ... does anyone have any money-raising tips? Has anyone ever needed to scramble for some money--and fast--to get something done?

You know, I feel like there is such a small window of opportunity here that if it doesn't happen by January, I will reluctantly throw in the towel.

So, I am just praying that what I read in the Bible tonight with my hubby will happen--that He will turn water into wine.

Tomorrow, I am going to have lunch with my niece (my sister's baby girl) for her birthday. Think of us as you're eating lunch!

*Thank you, God, for my visions; Thank you for it all. Thank you ... just, Thank you!*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what would be funny? If their outage accidentally deleted all your posts. Then you'd have to start over(again). hee hee

Anonymous said...

My hubby and I were listening to the radio one day and we heard Kim Commando talk about building your own website. We went to the library, checked out a bunch of books, and he's launching his site soon for $100. My sister did her John Malkovich fan page for $100 and she's won website awards and has been featured in the Washington Post and the TV Guide. You might not necessarily have to spend as much money as you think.

Anonymous said...

To earn extra money I sell things on ebay that I don't use anymore and old books and movies on half.com. I'll have a garage sale. I also have a part-time job where I'll work at 0300 in the morning. Get off at 0700 and go to my real job. Or i'll work my pt job on the weekends. I'm blessed though to have a pt job that pays $22 an hour, is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and will take me whenever the heck I want to work there so if I don't feel like working there for a whole month, then I don't. But if I need money for a car repair, I'll work there like crazy.

Anonymous said...

Okay, my first comment makes no sense now. You did that on purpose, didn't you?

Anonymous said...

Let me think about this one. You have many options, it's just a matter of how you want to approach this one.

Seyi said...

Hey Suzy,

Be encouraged. It is always darkest before the dawn. My father told me that when you encounter opposition or struggle it's confirmation that you are on the right path. My mother sent me scriptures of God's promises on Monday. Here's one that resonated strongly with me, Hewbrews 10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.

Regarding, additional streams of income check out Virtual Vocations (www.virtualvocations.com). It's legit work at home jobs or freelance writing gigs. I'll be praying for you.

Holly said...

Something that I have continually Learned Suzy is that God does not help us when we want it but when we need it. Be patient! Keep praying and if this is HIS will for YOU then he will provide what is needed when it is needed.
Praying for you sister!!!

Suzy A. Richardson said...

Yes, Melissa! I did it JUST for you--I want everyone to think you're crazy, just like me! Ha ha. That made me laugh out loud.

Anon--is there any way I can get links to some pages of your sister's? I'd love to see what one can do with $100!

iheartjh: Now, where does one find a pt job like that? Sounds like a dream job!

Seyi: Thanks so much for that link. I am going to bookmark it and check it out tonight! Oh, and thanks even more for your encouraging words! They mean so much to me.

Holly: Ugh, patience...it's so hard...especially when I drive. I am the worst when it comes to patience. Maybe God is working on me:-)

Unknown said...

Sometimes Suzy, as much as we want something (like now) just doesn't happen now. Its not to say it won't happen, just maybe now is not the right time. I know its quite disappointing-but you know what? I beleive it will happen and when it does, it will be much better than what you planned or expect it to be. Be patient, and have faith and trust in God...He has proven to you that He will take care of you...let Him worth this out for you when its right.
Safe hugz!