Sunday, October 19, 2008

49: Picture Sunday!

You know I love to pull a Picture Sunday when I have eventful pictures to post. And don't forget: I am working with a terrible camera that I despise these days. But anyway, here goes ... Picture Sunday:

The baby is getting so big! He has such a sweet disposition. We just all love him so much. We call him our "special baby" since he is the last. (The kids actually came up with that.)


When I take pictures like these, I cannot wait to get my new camera! But, anyway, this was at the Cedar Key Seafood Festival that my family and I attend every year. We went Saturday just after my daughter and I participated in the Heart Walk, a local walk for charity. It was so much fun doing something with my daughter.

We took the 50-something-mile drive to Cedar Key and guess what happened?! We got totally rained out. And then, we got kicked out of a restaurant. Well sort of--they said we couldn't bring the (honking-big) double stroller in. And so we had to leave? Where were we going to put the thing?



Yeah, Cedar Key was ... kind of wet and mopey this year. Just before we left, though, we picked up a perfect-looking pumpkin from a local church's 'pumpkin patch'. We also bought some of their homemade pumpkin cookies and pumpkin fudge! It was the best. I might go back just for that. But, other than that, we didn't even get to eat lunch there because of the terribly long lines--not to mention those "stroller" rules.



Although, on the way home, the kids told me over and over again that they had so much fun. "Why?" I asked. Because really ... we got rained out, no food, etc. "Because we spent time as a family," my son replied--as if I should totally know that already. (Like, duh, mom.) It was really sweet though.


Today, we celebrated Oktoberfest at my mother's church, the Catholic church down the street. Um, I still don't know what I was "celebrating," but it was a good one: free beer and wine (although, I don't drink either--can't stand the taste of most alcohol), all the free food you wanted, interesting entertainment. Sure, I could do a quick Google search, but I'd rather ask you. What exactly is Oktoberfest? Anyone?


But, what I loved about the atmosphere was that everyone seemingly wanted to simply eat, drink and be happy.


... so who was trying to rebel? Eat, drink and be happy it was!


My dear daughter even got to go rock climbing! And she made it to the top. Go, N!

Daisypath Vacation Ticker

2 comments:

Mom! Dude! said...

Looks like you had a wonderful family weekend, what rain can stop you guys, huh? Glad to hear of such happy days for you.

Anonymous said...

Baby R is so cute. I wish I could hold him!