Saturday, October 11, 2008

41: Fireproof

Today was the perfect Saturday. I was on the phone with my mother when she mentioned that my brother had gone to see the movie Fireproof. "We need to go see that," I said. And that little comment lead to a picture-perfect Saturday afternoon date with just me and the hubby.

Grandma came to the house and agreed to watch the kids for a little over three hours. Hubby and I went to see the matinee of Fireproof--I had heard a little bit about this movie, but I had no idea what I was in store for. IF YOU ARE MARRIED, YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE--WITH YOUR HONEY. It will make you re-evaluate your relationship with your honey--and with God.

My favorite line of the movie is this: "Never leave your partner in a fire." And though Kirk Cameron says this line to one of his fire fighters in the beginning of the movie, by the middle of the movie ... that line applies to he and his spouse.

And here's an FYI: In the movie, there was a kissing scene between Kirk Cameron's character, Caleb and his wife, Catherine. Did you know that Kirk Cameron did that scene with his real-life wife? He said that if there was a kissing scene, his wife would have to be the double because he would not kiss another woman.

The other really cool thing was that this movie was about a fireman. And since my hubby has just signed on with the fire department, it made it that much more interesting.

So, since hubby and I had just sat through Fireproof--clearly a movie that will make you think about how much your spouse means to you--we were being extra sweet to each other. We decided we'd stop at this new little, colorful Mexican joint down the street ...





So, I think I just found my favorite new Mexican spot. It was sparkling clean, colorful, delicious and reasonably priced. If you are in Gainesville, you must visit Mexico Lindo. And if any of you are up for a Moms' Night Out, let me know. We should start doing them! This would definitely have to be a venue.

A few hours after me and hubby's Saturday afternoon date, I was taking the kids to the mall to pick up my niece's birthday gift. We headed to Limited 2, every little girl's favorite spot. I found the perfect gift, on sale and as I was headed out, I saw a little furry paw sticking out of the stroller.

You will NOT believe what was hiding in my stroller. (Okay, okay, it's not what you're thinking.) It was actually a little stuffed animal. Apparently, my toddler decided that he wanted to take it home with him. And so I pulled it out of the stroller and then another and another and another. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I pulled exactly 19 stuffed animals out of the bottom of the stroller.

19!

As in, he managed to take every single one of these furry little creatures off of their sparkly little shelves. I guess he thought that he had struck gold, huh?

Oh, and tomorrow, I have a juicy Sunday confession to make. It will be in the form of a photo, so don't miss it.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our church had a couples' night out when the movie first came out. We missed it because my hubby was on shift. I can't wait to see it.
Glad you got a little time alone with your honey.

Marjorie said...

And I'll bet that football game was the perfect ending to a perfect Saturday!

Karen L. said...

Suzy does this movie have enough action in it to keep my hubby's attention? He's not a Lifetime Channel movie fan by any means!

Michelle said...

It sounds like you had a perfect Date afternoon! We loved the movie and I am really wanting to see it again.

Anonymous said...

Is this movie playing in theaters? I haven't heard about it!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it does have enough action for your husband ... it is a great movie for guys as well as us girls!

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have waited to read your blog until this afternoon. I have to fast until I can take a blood test and I'm starving and that Mexican food looks delicioso

Mom! Dude! said...

I've been hearing about that movie from people in our Sunday School class...we'll have to check it out. Sounds like it's life altering.

Anonymous said...

I've GOT to know who ILOVEJIMHALPERT is!! Do I know you personally?

Suzy

Anonymous said...

Oops. I HEART JH, I meant.

ImagineMel said...

so you tell us we have to go to the restaurant, but you don't tell us WHERE in Gville it is!

Suzy A. Richardson said...

Imaginemel:
I DID tell you where it was. The name is Mexico Lindo. You'll find it in there. I just did:-) It is a great joint, located off of Archer and Tower, but a quick Google would tell you that. Thanks again!

ImagineMel said...

In Gainesville stuff can be a little hard to find! We found it...won't be going back. Thanks anyway.

Suzy A. Richardson said...

We LOVE it! Went back today, in fact. Yum.

Anonymous said...

I just got back from watching Fireproof... it was great to see such a different-flavored movie on the regular, big screen