Sunday, October 26, 2008

57: Baby, don't go ...

Well, tomorrow is the big day--my hubby starts as a recruit firefighter tomorrow. We are thrilled. So, this evening, we are getting things ready for tomorrow: his social security card, clothes ... oh, and the two little ones have their first day of school tomorrow. So, there's a lot to do.

But, you wouldn't have known that by the way my hubby was acting.

"So, I need the paper work for the day care," I tell him. "I need to get all their stuff ready. I need their list of stuff to bring."

"Oh, you just bring them," he tells me.

Umm, you do realize that I have done this day care thing so, so many times, right? No, you don't just drop your kids off. They need items, diapers, food, changes of clothing, wipes, already prepared bottles, lunch, snacks, shot records...

"Well, they didn't give me a list, so I didn't think we needed to worry about it."

Oh, he is such a ... guy.

So, I can deal with that. But, what I am having a really hard time with tonight is the thought of leaving my little-bitty baby, Rock. He is so sweet, so nice, so loving and so innocent. And he's never been away from mommy and daddy. He's always been cared for by us.

I actually think my 2-year-old needs the experience. He screams when we take him out of Sunday School and the gym nursery. I think he is really craving some more interaction with children in his age group. That, and he's so rough. He just kind of takes care of himself.

But, the baby ... he's my little baby. My last. I am really having a hard time leaving him tomorrow. I might just have to shed a tear.

ALSO:
Please go visit my personal Web site. I just updated it. I wanted everyone to know that no matter where I go online, you can always, always find me at www.suzyrichardson.com. I have posted quite a few of my clips. Feel free to peruse.

No comments: